A completely new type of dictionary with word collocation that helps students and advanced learners effectively study, write and speak natural-sounding English. This online dictionary is very helpful for the education of the IELTS, TOEFL test.
Level: Upper-Intermediate to Advanced
Key features of oxford dictionary online
- Collocations/collocation – common word combinations such as ‘bright idea’ or ‘talk freely’ – are the essential building blocks of natural-sounding English. The dictionary contains over 150,000 collocations for nearly 9,000 headwords.
- The dictionary shows words commonly used in combination with each headword: nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, and prepositions, common phrases.
- The collocation dictionary is based on 100 million word British National Corpus.
- Over 50,000 examples show how the collocation/collocations are used in context, with grammar and register information where helpful.
- The clear page layout groups collocations according to part of speech and meaning, and helps users pinpoint speedily the headword, sense and collocation they need.
- Free Download — OXFORD Collocations Dictionary